Google Website Optimizer Moves to Google Analytics – Experiments under Content Section
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer have merged. Now Google Website Optimizer, a free A/B and Multi-variate testing tool, is available in Google Analytics via Experiments link under Content Section (see image below).
You can create and manage all your tests within Google Analytics without going to Google Website Optimizer site.
Functionality Difference between Experiments and Google Website Optimizer
- Easy Implementation – Since you already have Google Analytics on your site, now you will need one script to put on the original version, rest of the work will be done by standard Google analytics script.
- No Multivariate Testing Anymore – There is no option to run MVT and only allows A/B testing in the “Experiments”
The last day you’ll be able to access Google Website Optimizer will be August 1st, 2012
We will add more posts as we uncover new functionality in Experiments.
About the Author - CBPO
- How would Google Answer Vague Questions in Queries?
- Why Google Grants Needs To Focus on Mobile Networks
- Social chat app Capture launches to take a shot at less viral success
- What Happens When Reproductive Tech Like IVF Goes Awry?
- Qualtrics’ Julie Larson-Green will talk customer experience at TC Sessions: Enterprise