Webmaster Tools offerings from both Google and Bing can offer a wealth of insight to business owners. In order to get the whole spectrum of insights, marketers must learn just what they can do with both Google and Bing Webmaster tools. Using both together allows you greater insight into the factors contributing to the success—or lack thereof—of your SEO strategy.
Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) is the primary mechanism for Google to communicate with webmasters. Google Webmaster Tools helps you to identify issues with your site and can even let you know if it’s been infected with malware (not something you ever want to see, but if you haven’t spotted it yourself, or had one of your users tweet at you to let you know, it’s invaluable).
Two new Google Webmaster Tools features are now available to site owners: a structured data dashboard with site, item type, and page-level views, as well as a new domain verification option using DNS CNAME records.
Structured Data Dashboard Shows Whether Google is Picking Up New Markup
Google uses structured data like rich snippets to allow webmasters to highlight certain types of information in search results. The new Structured Data Dashboard is designed to let webmasters see clearly what Google knows about their website.
- How would Google Answer Vague Questions in Queries?
- Why Google Grants Needs To Focus on Mobile Networks
- Social chat app Capture launches to take a shot at less viral success
- What Happens When Reproductive Tech Like IVF Goes Awry?
- Qualtrics’ Julie Larson-Green will talk customer experience at TC Sessions: Enterprise